Thursday, July 19, 2012

Extra lessons not enough?!

I wonder if most mothers went through the same thing as me... Every time I bring Charlotte for her abacus class, she will have to stay back till an hour later then she will be allowed to go home.

Teacher will always feedback on how inattentive Charlotte is. She will be distracted at the tiniest thing that happens in class. She has loads excuses - go toilet to poo, go toilet to pee, need to drink water, need to wash hands, need to rest her eyes, hungry etc etc. It's endless...

Sigh. I am lost for words. Other kids all go home after 1 1/2 hours and my girl has to stay back for "detention". Every time I fetch her I will have to apologize to her teacher. Feels super paiseh!

Sighs.

Teacher says that she wants to send Charlotte for Abacus contest. OMG! It's my nightmare. She now time her for her papers, gave her loads homework and gave her a mental card. I don't know if she can make it but all I hope is that she is not too stressed out.

Numbers are boring... So now I am teaching her - cat . rat . hat . bat . Making her learn to spell it and pronounce it correctly. Maybe I should send her for phonics. Maybe speech and drama isn't enough. I am such a stressed and contradicting mother! BOO!


No comments: